The all Solid, all Acoustic, S808.
Maton have improved the neck geometry, bracing patterns and body construction of their acoustic guitars with stunning results. Improved production methods have made it possible to produce these all solid timber guitars more effectively than ever before and the playability and tonal benefits are amazing.
The backs and tops of these guitars are able to resonate more freely and have a huge dynamic range.
Improved neck/body geometry produces a neck that is a joy to play. Difficult chord shapes and complex single note runs are much easier to execute and increased tonal response improves acoustic projection. A bone nut and saddle ensure maximum tone and sustain.
The S808 is finished in Maton's tuned Satin pre-catalysed Nitro finish.
- Model: S808
- Body Shape: 808
- Face: "A" Grade Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Queensland Maple
- Neck: Queensland Maple
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Ovangkol
- Bracing: Scalloped Maton X
- Face Inlay/Rosette: Sapele Ring
- Soundhole: 95mm
- Outer Binding: Black
- Inner Binding: None
- Scale Length: 64.77cm (25.5")
- Headstock Veneer: Blackwood
- Fretwire: Dunlop 6260
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fingerboard Radius: 304.8mm (12")
- Nut Width: 44.1mm (1.736" - 1 47/64")
- 14th Fret Width: 55mm (2.165" - 2 11/64")
- Fingerboard Inlays: 6mm Pearl Dots
- Back & Sides Finish: Satin/Natural
- Top Finish: Satin/Natural
- Bridge Pins: Ivory ABS
- Machine Heads: Chrome Grover Rotomatic
- Pickguard: Black with Gold M
- End Pin/Strap: Chrome
- Nut & Saddle: Bone
- Case: Standard Maton Hardcase
- Pickup: None
- Strings: Elixir Nanoweb 80/20 Bronze 12-53